R300,000-400,000 Per Annum CTC Incl Benefits
Permanent skilled level position in the Information Technology sector in Rosebank in South Africa (Gauteng). Benefits: medical.
Posted by Recruitment Solutions on 08/01/2009, Ref #ckj664.
Rosebank based IT company seeks a Intermediate Linux Specialist with strong skills in Linux Systems Administration and Maintenance and IP Networking. They are an international provider of network and application optimisation services, industry specific software applications and systems integration services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and deployment of complex networking architectures;
- IP Networking;
- Advanced level systems administration of UNIX servers;
- Providing networking and application support;
- Identify and correct problems that exist in production and development systems;
- Participation in the quality assurance of applications that the development or networking team builds;
- Manage customer interaction in so far as support of the applications and services / solutions offered is concerned;
- Knowledge transfer
Succesful candidate should have the following skills:
- Min 3 years Systems Administration exp on Linux, UNIX, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat or equivalent
- Advanced level of understanding of TCP/IP networking including firewalls, routing, switching, and general troubleshooting
- Advanced exp on OpenSource Applications such as Tomcat, Apache, Bind, Postfix, MySQL, Postgres
- Exp with scripting of basic admin tasks in varius UNIX Shells and Perl
- Exp with relational databases such as Sybase, MySQL, Postgres including design, querying and basic optimisation
- Understanding of DNS - configuration and maintenance
- Exp with diagnosing problems with tools such as tcpdump and strace
- Understanding of scalability issues with network and server architectures
- Exp with server virtualisation on Linux platforms beneficial
- Exp with Linux high availability solutions beneficial