JOBS IN SOUTH AFRICA
R200,000-240,000 Per Annum CTC Incl. Benefits
Permanent skilled level position in the Information Technology sector in Sandton in South Africa (Gauteng). Benefits: medical, provident.
Posted by Recruitment Solutions on 17/11/2008, Ref #ckn662.
Financial Services Company seeks a Business Analyst.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understand both business and IT functions and compile business requirement specifications and be the interface between various businesses and the IT department;
- Compile functional specification documents required for specific enhancements and new functions;
- Obtain signoff of specification documents from clients and liaise with technical resources for understanding of requirements and preparation of technical specification documents;
- Analyse business and/or technical problems relating to the issuing, acquiring and processing infrastructure and provide recommendations and solutions;
- Work closely with technical, business, project managers and testing analysts;
- Interface and communicate with clients within the group as well as external parties such as banks and vendors in the local and international industry as well as the card associations (Visa/MasterCard) and central organisations, e.g. Bankserv;
- Oversee the compilation of test scripts compiled by the testing analyst;
- Audit and verify the testing results;
- Map business and technical processes if and when required;
- Contribute towards content as well as compile procedure guides and manuals for merchants, business users and external interface engineers;
- Understand and assist to create the best suitable system design solution to meet the user requirement.
Relevant Business Analysis qualification
Min 3 years relevant work exp within the banking and IT industries Understanding of issuing, acquiring and related industries and systems would be highly beneficial
Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Understanding of front and back end systems, servers, PC systems as well as data networks
Compiling of project documents including requirement documentation, functional specs, test scripts, user guides and business process maps Knowledge of testing tools
Knowledge of a business process mapping tool
Understanding of the financial industry test environment