IT Operations Manager
R360,000-420,000 Per Annum CTC Incl. Benefits
Permanent skilled level position in the Information Technology sector in Sandton in South Africa (Gauteng).
Benefits: medical, provident.
Posted by Recruitment Solutions on 17/11/2008, Ref #ckn655.
Company seeks an IT Operations Manager to be responsible for the performance of the IT Infrastructure and Operations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Manage purchases including: specification services, monitoring against SLA's, budgeting, checking invoices, etc.;
* Assist with audits;
* Responsible for coordination with sales team regarding responses to proposals, coordination of client and prospect visits;
* Optimise the network infrastructure to get the most out of the operations as well as managing risk;
* Develop business continuity and disaster recovery strategy;
* Manage desktop support;
* Accountable for operational and strategic metrics that drive overall operational effectiveness;
* Work with vendors in establishing preferred vendors list;
* Coordination of IT operations staff meetings and sessions;
* Work with clients - data feeds, call centres;
* Monitor IT operations budget;
* All vendor responsibilities;
* Infrastructure - will have a staff of networking and infrastructure subordinates;
* Manage the admin and operations of the Position team;
* Ensure systems uptime.
Min 3 years IT Operations Management exp.