IT Internal Auditor
R400,000-420,000 Per Annum CTC Incl. Benefits
Permanent skilled level position in the Financial sector in Sandton in South Africa (Gauteng). Benefits: medical, pension.
Posted by Recruitment Solutions on 14/10/2008, Ref #cko640.
Sandton based Company seeks an Internal Auditor to report to the Head of Risk and Internal Audit.
Responsibilities will include:
* Plan and perform audit reviews as required;
* Conduct interviews to identify processes;
* Identify opportunities to improve processes and the service offered to the business units;
* Escalate risks / issues within the team;
* Engender trust and co-operation with the business areas and their teams, so as to become the first point of contact;
* Write and coordinate reports for reviews performed;
* Maintain and build relationships with the business units and their teams;
* Share knowledge with the group team and coach team members during reviews, where applicable;
* Keep team members informed of initiatives / issues in assigned business units;
* Take on Departmental Administration tasks as appropriate;
* Liaise with colleagues (Globally) regarding common problems (across jurisdictions) and areas on which other jurisdictions are reliant (e.g. Finance and Accounting, processes outsourced to SA, etc.);
* Liaise with IT related functions and processes regarding Information Security, Disaster Recovery, Change Control and Operational Risk to ensure processes being implemented are sufficient, and those already in place are adhering to standards;
* Involvement in ‘high’ risk projects to ensure that potential problems are identified early and are resolved accordingly.
CISA / CIA qualified
Min 3 years exp in IT Audit or the Banking / Financial Services industry
General banking / financial services exp beneficial
Knowledge of IT / Internal Audit Standards
Knowledge of Issues / Risk based Audit Methodologies, e.g. COBIT, COSO
Strong intellectual and conceptual abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills